OVERVIEW: La Cumbre Customer Service Representatives present the first impression of our hospital to clients & patients and are responsible for client care. We're looking for someone who is friendly, professional, courteous, detail-oriented, capable of handling many tasks at once with many interruptions, and able to function well under pressure. A CSR must be able to communicate well with clients, showing care & concern for both the client and their pet. Of course, it's important that a La Cumbre CSR enjoys working with people and animals! A CSR must have computer & office skills and experience.
SUMMARY: Responsibilities for services coordinators include: greeting & assisting clients, answering the phone, scheduling appointments, setting up new clients/patients, updating existing clients/patients, preparation/maintenance of medical records, knowledge of medical/legal information, client education regarding medical matters & pet care, admitting/discharging patients, over-the-counter sales, computer operation, financial transactions, opening/closing procedures, and safety knowledge/application. We're looking for a team member that performs the following duties personally & coordinates with team members to ensure successful completion of assigned tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES for a La Cumbre Customer Service Representative include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Perform opening & closing procedures
- Prepare patient records, consent forms, drop-off sheets, cage tags
- Greet clients & patients in a friendly, professional manner
- Assist clients with all needs
- Handle incoming phone calls
- Schedule appointments
- Provide client education regarding annual examination, nutrition, parasite control, vaccinations, sterilization, euthanasia, use of OTC products, etc.
- Counsel clients regarding home care, medication administration, pre/post-operative care, blood test preparation, etc.
- Invoice clients & receive payments
- Notify doctors & technicians of patient arrival
- Maintain cash drawer & change supply. Count & balance the cash drawer at end of the day
- Discharge patients with appropriate instructions
- Understand basic pharmaceuticals and their use
- Prepare health certificates, rabies certificates, and sterilization certificates
- Dispense medications, pet food, and supplies with appropriate instructions
- Maintain computer records & backups
- Update client/patient files including name, address, telephone numbers; vaccination/heartworm history; thyroid/heartworm/other tests due
- Promote products/services as needed for optimum pet health
- Perform daily light cleaning as needed of the lobby, reception office, restroom, computer equipment, office equipment/accessories
- Receive lab & other reports and prepare the medical record
- Process pet insurance medical record requests
- Open & route incoming mail
- Maintain petty cash fund
- Perform miscellaneous research at doctors’ or office manager’s requests
- Keep client flow moving smoothly
- Prepare packages for mailing & record charges on the client’s record
EXPECTATIONS OF a La Cumbre Customer Service Representative include:
- Attention to detail & accuracy
- Remain calm in emergencies or with upset clients
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) & policies
- Follow established safety procedures & protocols in accordance with CAL-OSHA and hospital standards
- Understand & be able to use the SDS notebook
- Understand & be able to use the Illness and Injury Prevention Plan
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by a La Cumbre Customer Service Representative. Team members are required to follow any other instructions & to perform any other duties requested by their supervisor.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or GED; over one year up to & including three years of related experience and/or training in a customer-facing role within a fast-paced environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience providing exemplary customer service is required. Prior experience in an animal hospital is strongly preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS EXPERIENCE: Ability to read & interpret documents such as safety rules, operating & maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports & correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic knowledge of: Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, and REGISTRATIONS: Valid State Driver’s License
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Honor confidentiality
- Work independently & unsupervised
- Have a high degree of accuracy & detail orientation
- Have outstanding listening/hearing abilities
- Have high compassion & caring for animals & people
- Recognize potential danger & know how to protect self, pet, and other clients & their pets
- Excellent interpersonal skills with clients & team members
- Have knowledge & application of proper telephone etiquette
- Be familiar with canine & feline vaccination protocols, medical & pharmaceutical terminology, and internal/external parasites (or ability to learn this)
OTHER APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Have exceptional attendance
- Have impeccable recommendations from previous employers regarding trustworthiness, honesty, and attendance
- Be drug & alcohol-free
- Have a clean & neat appearance commensurate with the professional nature of our business